Friday, April 21, 2006

Mingling with Mullets...



So we are going to San Francisco next Friday to see "Junkyard", a has-been 80's band that isn't even together anymore. The Hub is still a total buttrocker, and he found out they are getting together for one night only and he absolutely has to see them.

Apparently, years ago, he got tickets to see them and he arrived late, and missed the show. It's been haunting him for years, so we are going.

Now, I don't really care so much about the band, frankly I've never even heard one song, but...

I'M GOING TO SAN FRAN, BITCHES!



I haven't been to Cali since the 5th grade, when I went to Disneyland and Knott's Berry with my 2 aunts and my cousins. I've never been to San Francisco, and we are only going for the weekend so we won't have time to do absolutely everything, but I'm going to squeeze as much tourist crap in as I can possibly stand, with some drinking in between!

Any suggestions on what I definitely need to see? The Hub says we have to go to Lombard, whatever that means? I want to see the bridge, of course, and go to Fisherman's Wharf. I'd like to do Alcatraz, but it seems like it would take a lot of time, so we'll probably skip it.

We are driving there, btw. 677 miles. Here is the conversation:

"I'm bringing the laptop, so whoever isn't driving can watch movies, and bring your Mp3 player so we don't have to fight over the CD player in the car."

"With any luck at all we won't have to talk for the whole entire trip!"

"Then maybe we can stay married."

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Road trip!!!
Have fun chick.
(And thanks for your earlier comment. It's the shits isn't it)

Friday, April 21, 2006 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger DogMa said...

Sounds super fun!
I liked China town, I loved the Sourdough bread, There is a cool guy named Stacy there, Lombard St. almost made me car sick, Alcatraz was neat but long & the ferry over was the best part.

You gotta ask the expert Nihilly...made he can be you guide!

Friday, April 21, 2006 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Weekends Off said...

I hope you have a blast!! I haven't been to San Fran ever either, but it's a future destination for sure.

I'd go nuts if I had to drive/ride that far though. Anything more than 2 hours and I am a basket case. I can't stand being trapped in the car. No one takes me on road trips lol.

Friday, April 21, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Weekends Off said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, April 21, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Nihilistic said...

Ummm...Why am I just now hearing about this? YOU are coming HERE! We do know all the cool places you know! From all my pictures you know that I'm in love with the Golden Gate Bridge. I have had this love affair with it since I was a kiddie! What day you get in? What day are you leaving? I'll tell ya all the awesome places to go! And if you want and I'm not working...I'll even offer my services as tour guide!

Friday, April 21, 2006 2:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to give a shout out to all my homies down there!

God, I'm envious. I totally miss it there.

Just do as much as you can possibly stand and make up for sleep on the trip back. And don't forget to throw a frisbee around at a rest stop. There is no better way to get yourself pumped up!

Friday, April 21, 2006 3:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, not to be rude....
how come I never have a fresh cocktail?
I'm like the watered down drink that gets left on top of the cigarette machine for 13 hours until the janitor picks it up in the morning.
It's okay. I think the "fresh cocktail" doesn't work or something.

.....chink chink....that's my ice, bitches!

Friday, April 21, 2006 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

How fun!!! Lombard is the 'crookedest street in the world", right now I bet it's beautiful....it is lined with tons of hydrangeas. You also must go to Coit Tower. It has killer views of the city and it's pretty neat too! You really ought to get a hold of Niles. He'll show you around! You are going to LOVE it!

Friday, April 21, 2006 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

I can't go...:^(
Ah well. I was a fun notion. I just wanted to meet Nihilly! Oh and Dexman! My hub is taking me to a sweet B&B in Mendocino and said he'd take me to SF to see Niles. He wants Fisher and Dex to meet and go to the off leash place at the beach.
You will have a blast at the Mullet Ball you dirty BUTTROCKER!!!

Saturday, April 22, 2006 3:18:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

hahahahahahah "Maybe we can stay married".....


I've officially found my funny for the day, and I can now go to sleep :)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

I dunno about you guys...but I am now officialy PISSED.

5 days without a new post.

What the MOTHER FUCK!

Get On IT!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Joel Conrad Bechtolt said...

Be safe, love your blog. Junkyard, huh? Ouch! Hair dorks can be pretty fun sometimes, though. I worked last summer for Def Leppard and had a blast. True Story.

Friday, April 28, 2006 7:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Figuratively punching people in the face, one post at a time!

View My Complete Profile


Yahoo! Avatars











Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker