Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fuck it, no title.

So I'm prematurely gray. There. I've said it.

Those of you that know me personally may already know this, I go to great lengths to cover it.

It's not a pretty silvery gray, it's just gray. I thought about growing it out once, for a minute, until my roots started showing, and realized it's not just a smattering of salt and pepper, it's nearly completely gray. If I had to take a wild guess, I would say I'm at least 75%. Think Richard Gere. It runs in the family (Dad's side, thanks!) and I can think of at least 3 people that were completely gray by age 30, which, alas, is the age I am right now.

"Where is she going with this?" You may be asking yourself.





I'm going to go blonde. Today. I figure it's easier to hide the gray with blonde than with dark reddish brown, as I have been trying to do. So what the fuck? Why not try something different? I'm a tad nervous, as my hair is super healthy now, and will most likely be straw-like when it's over, but it's just hair. Lucky for me, it grows super fast, so if it sucks, I'll dye it back and wait. I will post a pic, disaster or not.


In other news...let's see. I'm PMSing, I've gained a ton of weight since last summer *cry* and I've lost my license to drive, temporarily. This is why.

I know, fucking stupid. I should be getting a hardship sometime next week, so I'll at least be able to drive to work and shit, right now I'm bumming rides or taking cabs. So far it hasn't been too inconvienent.

I'm also getting sick of blogging. You've probably noticed, as my posts have been fewer and further between. I have stuff to say, it just seems like a lot of effort right now for some reason. Hopefully I'll get back into it.

I've been feeling rather restless lately with my life, I'm seriously thinking about moving. Pick up and try and new town, state, even.

After my trip to California, I think it opened my eyes to the fact that there is life outside of Fist City (born and raised here, never lived anywhere else), and life is too short to be stuck in one spot.

Luckily, my profession allows me to work anywhere, (there's a bar on every corner, no matter where you go, it seems) and my husband is a Electrician Project Manager, so as long as there is a decent sized city nearby, he will have work as well. I'm not jumping into anything, but I have been looking around online at different places to live, and we are taking a road trip with the kids this summer back to California, so if I find a town and like it, who knows, right?

Random babbling today...PMS I tell ya.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You're in the Change It Funk. I get that way too.

Speaking as a former hairstylist, red is the best for covering grey. It sticks.

But I want to see the blonde! Make sure you post a pic.

I get sick of blogging every now and then too. And then at times, I just can't shut up.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger DogMa said...

I hope the blonde works!
I second the motion...for now.

I hope the blogging picks up.
I love it so...

I hope you don't move far.
I'll miss you terribly... :^(

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Nihilistic said...

SF will do that to you

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:59:00 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

hell, riding with Niles will do that. Did you actually ride with him in his car?

Friday, May 19, 2006 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

me again. If I can change my hair color so can you! Also, I've lived in the same town, never moved and most likely never will. It would be fun to move but then again, I love it here. I like to vacation but moving away from here would be scary for me!

Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:59:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Alaska is nice. I'd avoid Utah. Not so many bars.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always neglecting to log $1.75 pastry and overdrawing my account. Lovely bank then charges me a $33 fee. Was turning over mature leaf and recording EVERY purchase. Signed up with a consumer credit blah to pay off cc debt. Yay new mature Sara! Joel suggested I check these bitches out sos I don't get scammed. I did and cancelled my auto pay OVER THE PHONE. Bitches took out the $180 anyway and effed up my account right when rent was due. Filed a fraud claim in panic. Bank must have made a scary phone call, because the money came back. But it might not have. Too old to be bumbling through life on luck/looks. Not as cute as was at 18. I feel you pretty lady.

Sara, Joel's girlfriend

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:50:00 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

I am not blogging much either...
I loved it so.
What is my problem.
I will go make a post now, I suggest YOU do the same missy.

Friday, May 26, 2006 6:31:00 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

IN YO FACE!

I MADE A POST!

BOO-YA!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger DogMa said...

...at this rate you are going to have PMS again by the time you make a new post woman.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 1:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Figuratively punching people in the face, one post at a time!

View My Complete Profile


Yahoo! Avatars











Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker