Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Okay, where was I?

Oh yeah, the "show". I have more pics, but they are still in the damn camera, so I'll post what I have and do a photo exhibition later...

We find the venue, it's off in the what looks like the forgotten part of the industrial area? It's a slapped together shack that looks to be rattle-can painted black. We pull up, and there's some people out front, so we ask when they are opening the doors, (Jim says they have food, yeah, like I'd ever eat there!) we find out we have about 2 hours to kill, so we're off to find something to eat.

We drive back up Cesar Chavez Ave, and for about the whole two hours, we are looking for something to eat. Seriously.

Every single place we went by looked completely unappealing, or so totally foreign we were afraid to try any of the food.

"Taste of the Himalayas!" one eatery proudly proclaimed. What exactly is the taste of the Himalayas, do tell?

Finally we end up in So. San Fran, at a Taco Bell/KFC with no drive through. Ugh, we have to go in??

We go in, order to go, and stand around with about 30 other people waiting for food to go. Not a soul is actually eating inside the joint. By this point we thought we might starve to death on the streets of San Francisco, so we didn't care what we were eating.

Got the food, head back over to the Junkyard venue.

We go in, they have a full bar! Yay! Jim tells me to pace myself, I'm all, "Sure, I will." not so much.

The place was a complete dump. The only saving grace was that Jim spotted the lead guitarist for "Junkyard" and we met him and got our pics taken with him.

The first two bands sucked, so I proceeded to drink and smoke out back, so my eardrums wouldn't be completely blown by the time our band came on.

The bathrooms? No doors. Any given moment you could look over at the men's room and see some random guy standing over the urinal.

The women's bathroom had curtains in front of the toilets, but it was right by the outside door so anytime the breeze picked up (as it often does in SF) your curtain would billow out and everyone in the room could see you copping a squat on the throne.

No wonder I felt compelled to drink!

We made it through Jim's band, then he led me out the door.

"I'm fine! Let's stay for the last band!"

"No, really, I'm proud of you for lasting this long."

"I'm seriously FINE!! (staggering to the car) Let's stay!!!"

"I'm not mad, it's just time to go."

So I proceeded to pass out on the way back to the hotel, and got promptly sick as soon as we got to the room. Apparently, not so fine.

Woke up Saturday morning with a freight train running thru my head, so I took some Aleve and immediately threw up again.

Texted Nihilly and told him we were running late, and we were gonna eat something and head out.

Made a plan to meet at Fort Pointe, which is right under the Golden Gate Bridge.



Nihilly and Michael beat us there, so we finally met.



I spotted them right away, and we introduced ourselves and walked through the fort.



We took some pics at the top and decided our next stop would be Lombard. Now can I just tell you that they graciously took time out of their day, a day in which they had made plans, and showed us the sights. I had a great time, I know Jim did too, and I think we definitely made some long distance friends. Hopefully we can show them around if they get up this way, it would be fun to see them again soon!

Onto Lombard. Quite possibly my favorite spot.



Before we left Fort Pointe, Nihilly asked if we just wanted to drive down Lombard or did we want to stop and take pics, I said no, let's just drive it.

He must've noticed me with my camera out the car window the whole time, cause they pulled over so we could take pics.

I love it. It is the coolest street I've ever seen!!

Okay, tomorrow, onto the Bush Man!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doors? Ewww...
I would've been hammered right beside ya chick.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger Joel Conrad Bechtolt said...

"Taste of the Himalayas!" made me pee my pants on an otherwise boring Tuesday. Oh, San Fran, you evil bitch!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:59:00 PM  
Blogger Joel Conrad Bechtolt said...

Sorry to double comment but let me get this straight, you drove to SF to see Junkyard, and didn't see them perform "Hollywood"?

And I thought I wasn't going to hear anything funnier than "Taste of the Himalayas!"" tonight! How fucking wrong was I!?!?!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:05:00 PM  
Blogger DogMa said...

Alpaca Wool...that is what I imagine the Himalayas tasting like.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Nihilistic said...

Well those parking spaces were calling our names!!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:56:00 PM  
Blogger The Mayor said...

j: yeah, it was pretty foul

Will: You know the Sheriff, he plays tough, but he's not so much.

JC: I swear that was the name of a restaurant! And we did see them perform "Hollywood", I can't believe you've heard of Junkyard?? That makes 3 of us!

Dogma: I was thinking monkeys, for some reason, don't ask!

Nihilly: Especially when I got out on the downhill side and practically rolled out of the car!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I knew you'd love it! It's such a cool city isn't it?

Saturday, May 06, 2006 12:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Figuratively punching people in the face, one post at a time!

View My Complete Profile


Yahoo! Avatars











Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker