Thursday, October 26, 2006

12 Days Sober...

So, I realized I was outta control, on a downward spiral of alcoholism and self destructive behavior. October 15th was the day I finally hit rock bottom.

Watched a little football, did a little barhopping with the husband, (yes, the one who was sober for 15 years and just picked up a bottle again recently) and came home and promptly picked a fight.

Took off in the Burb totally shitfaced. Made some drunken phone calls, sent some drunken texts messages (should really have a breathalizer on my cell phone) and drove around a little and finally ended up over at a friend's house.

The Husband said he was packing his shit and leaving if I did not return home immediately, I blew him off and stayed out till 3 am.

Long story short, that was the last day I drank.

It's been 12 days now, and I'm hanging in there, which isn't easy to do, considering I'm a BARTENDER, and after work, what have I done for 6½ years? Sat down at my bar and had a shift drink.

Now I sit down and have an ice water.

The first 5 days or so were rough, and I almost gave up on the 6th day, but waited out the desire for a beverage, and it passed.

Now I'm feeling more clearheaded, remembering my evenings instead of living in a blur of drunkeness. It's kinda nice, actually...

Now if I could just quit smoking...

Baby steps.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll count with ya sister! Glad you updated, hope to see you more regular these days. Let me know if you need to chat. I don't know your situation or much about you except what I've seen here, but sometimes it's better that way, way know!

You'll be fine, I know it!

Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger DogMa said...

Well...I am proud of you.

It's hard cause I love ya so much to tell you things that might hurt you. That is a weakness I wish I didn't have.

This is a good thing. Good for your marriage, good for the boys and most of all good for your well being.

New beginings babe. It's a life changing thing. I am there too I think and I'll walk with you.

I LOVE YOU!

Thursday, October 26, 2006 4:10:00 PM  
Blogger Nihilistic said...

Congrats!! Nice to hear from you again!!!

Thursday, October 26, 2006 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger janjan0000 said...

Good girl. I can relate.
And sooo good to see you back again!

Friday, October 27, 2006 10:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Figuratively punching people in the face, one post at a time!

View My Complete Profile


Yahoo! Avatars











Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker