Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rest in Piece, Dogma...

Wow it's been a year and a half since I've posted anything?!?

Sorry to make my first post back a sad one...

Dogma has lost her battle with Rheumetoid lung, one week shy of moving to Seattle to be placed on the lung transplant list.

Not sure how much people know about it, but she has been on oxygen for 4 or 5 years now, and the doctors told her to lose 50 lbs before she could get on the list. If you're on oxygen and can't breathe, it's very difficult to lose weight, ie: no exercising.

But she did it, she got down below her goal weight, and plans were in the works for the big move. Sadly her heart gave out, and she won't be getting her "shiny new lungs", as she liked to call them.

Rest in Piece Shelly Kay Talent Hansen, aka "Dogma"

6 Comments:

Blogger Nihilistic said...

OMG....I can't believe it. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was talking to her on gmail saying Hello and we should keep in touch more...

I am so sorry to hear this news. It is very sad....

Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

wow. very sorry to hear the news. my deepest condolenscences to her family and to you. I was just thinking about you both ironically enough just yesterday.

Friday, March 21, 2008 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger The Mayor said...

I was just going thru my SF pics and realized I haven't been on here in forever and you guys of course couldn't know so I'd better make a post... sorry it was a bad news one. Thank you both for your condolences.

Friday, March 21, 2008 8:34:00 AM  
Blogger Nihilistic said...

How is her Family doing? How about Fisher??

Friday, March 21, 2008 8:11:00 PM  
Blogger The Mayor said...

Her mother is devastated obviously, but she is trying to pull it together. Fisher is depressed, she sleeps all the time, it took a couple of weeks for her to realize Shelly wasn't coming home I think. Her sister is in about the same shape as her mother, but hides it better. Her husband was a wreck for a week or so now he seems like he's trying to normalize everything, which worries me that it's going to hit him hard pretty soon. I talk to all of them quite a bit, and all the girls that used to go over for coffee at Shelly's still go over once a week, I think that helps mom and sis.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Nihilistic said...

I wish all of them and you the best during this hard time. Its so hard to lose someone who is so special to you. I know I only knew her by "Blog and Email", but she seemed like a great person and a great friend.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Figuratively punching people in the face, one post at a time!

View My Complete Profile


Yahoo! Avatars











Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker